(Center Identification Number: 77951)
The National Center for Transit Research (NCTR) at the University of South Florida (USF) collected quantitative and qualitative data from Community Transportation Coordinators (CTCs) throughout Florida. An online survey and a series of personal interviews provided insight into the following issues:
- How the supply of and demand for dialysis transportation has changed over the past 5 years.
- How the increase in dialysis trips is impacting the operations and financial condition of CTCs.
- How the impacts of dialysis trips differ among rural-oriented CTCs, urban-oriented CTCs, and urban-oriented CTCs which are part of a public transit agency.
- What unique transportation services are being implemented by CTCs to meet the increasing demand for non-Medicaid- funded dialysis trips.
- How CTCs are preparing for increased transportation demand associated with increased need for dialysis treatment.