The National Center for Transit Research located at the Center for Urban Transportation Research (CUTR) at the University of South Florida in Tampa is pleased to announce a scholarly journal, The Journal of Public Transportation.
Sponsored by a grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation, Research and Special Programs Administration, the journal is led by a distinguished Editorial Board and produced by CUTR. Initially, the journal is being distributed free to transportation professionals, academicians, libraries, and others.
Aim & Scope
The Journal of Public Transportation is a quarterly, international journal containing original research and case studies associated with various forms of public transportation and related transportation and policy issues. Topics are approached from a variety of academic disciplines, including economics, engineering, planning, and others, and include policy, methodological, technological, and financial aspects. Emphasis is placed on the identification of innovative solutions to transportation problems.
- Editor – Joel Volinski, Center for Urban Transportation Research, University of South Florida
- Robert Cervero, Ph.D., Professor, Department of City and Regional Planning, University of California-Berkeley
- Chester “Ed”Colby, E & J Consulting
- Gordon Fielding, Ph.D., Professor, School of Social Sciences, Economics Department, University of California-Irvine
- Jose Gomez-Ibanez, Ph.D., Bok Professor of Public Policy and Urban Planning, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- Naomi Lede, Ph.D., Texas Transportation Institute, Texas A&M University
- William W. Millar, Executive Vice President, American Public Transit Association
- Steven E. Polzin, Ph.D., P.E., University of South Florida
- Lawrence Schulman, LS Associates
- George Smerk, Ph.D., Director, Institute for Urban Transportation, Indiana University
- Vukan R. Vuchic, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Electrical & Systems Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
Provides instructions for those who wish to submit an article for consideration.
For More Information:
Editor, Journal of Public Transportation
Center for Urban Transportation Research
University of South Florida
4202 East Fowler Avenue, CUT100
Tampa, FL 33620-5375
“Our troubled planet can no longer afford the luxury of pursuits confined to an ivory tower. Scholarship has to prove its worth, not on its own terms, but by service to the nation and the world.” — Oscar Handlin